#英语资源# 导语泰戈尔是印度文学的明珠,他的诗歌备受人们的追捧,尤其是泰戈尔在诗歌中表现出的与众不同的构造、思路和对哲学的理解。下面是由 带来的泰戈尔英语诗歌带翻译,欢迎阅读!
篇一泰戈尔英语诗歌带翻译
云与波 Clouds and waves
MOTHER, the folk who live up in the clouds call out to me-- 妈妈,住在云端的人对我唤道——“我们从醒的时候游戏到白日终止。
"We play from the time we wake till the day ends. “我们与黄金色的曙光游戏,我们与银白色的月亮游戏。”
We play with the golden dawn, we play with the silver moon. 我问道:“但是,我怎么能够上你那里去呢?”
I ask, "But, how am I to get up to you?" They answer, "Come to the edge of the earth, lift up your hands to the sky, and you will be taken up into the clouds." 他们答道:“你到地球的边上来,举手向天,就可以被接到云端里来了。”
"My mother is waiting for me at home," I say. "How can I leave her and come?" “我妈妈在家里等我呢,”我说,“我怎么能离开她而来呢?”
Then they smile and float away. 于是他们微笑着浮游而去。
But I know a nicer game than that, mother. 但是我知道一件比这个更好的游戏,妈妈。
I shall be the cloud and you the moon. 我做云,你做月亮。
I shall cover you with both my hands, and our house-top will be the blue sky. 我用两只手遮盖你,我们的屋顶就是青碧的天空。
The folk who live in the waves call out to me-- 住在波浪上的人对我唤道—— “我们从早晨唱歌到晚上;我们前进又前进地旅行,也不知我们所经过的是什么地方。”
"We sing from morning till night; on and on we travel and know not where we pass." 我问道:“但是,我怎么能加入你们队伍里去呢?”
I ask, "But, how am I to join you?" They tell me, "Come to the edge of the shore and stand with your eyes tight shut, and you will be carried out upon the waves." 他们告诉我说:“来到岸旁,站在那里,紧闭你的两眼,你就被带到波浪上来了。”
I say, "My mother always wants me at home in the evening--how can I leave her and go?" 我说:“傍晚的时候,我妈妈常要我在家里——我怎么能离开她而去呢!”
Then they smile, dance and pass by. 于是他们微笑着,跳舞着奔流过去。
But I know a better game than that. 但是我知道一件比这个更好的游戏。
I will be the waves and you will be a strange shore. 我是波浪,你是陌生的岸。
I shall roll on and on and on, and break upon your lap with laughter. 我奔流而进,进,进,笑哈哈地撞碎在你的膝上。
And no one in the world will know where we both are. 世界上就没有一个人会知道我们俩在什么地方。
篇二泰戈尔英语诗歌带翻译
第一株茉莉THE FIRST JASMINE
AH, these jasmines, these white jasmines!
呵,这些茉莉花,这些白的茉莉花!
I seem to remember the first day when I filled my hands with these jasmines, these white jasmines.
我仿佛记得我第一次双手满捧着这些茉莉花,这些白的茉莉花的时候。
I have loved the sunlight, the sky and the green earth;
我喜爱那日光,那天空,那绿色的大地;
I have heard the liquid murmur of the river through the darkness of midnight;
我听见那河水淙淙的流声,在黑漆的午夜里传过来;
Autumn sunsets have come to me at the bend of a road in the lonely waste, like a bride raising her veil to accept her lover.
秋天的夕阳,在荒原上大路转角处迎我,如新妇揭起她的面纱迎接她的爱人。
Yet my memory is still sweet with the first white jasmines that I held in my hand when I was a child.
但我想起孩提时第一次捧在手里的白茉莉,心里充满着甜蜜的回忆。
Many a glad day has come in my life, and I have laughed with merrymakers on festival nights.
我生平有过许多快活的日子,在节日宴会的晚上,我曾跟着说笑话的人大笑。
On grey mornings of rain I have crooned many an idle song.
在灰暗的雨天的早晨,我吟哦过许多飘逸的诗篇。
I have worn round my neck the evening wreath of bakulas woven by the hand of love.
我颈上戴过爱人手织的醉花的花圈,作为晚装。
Yet my heart is sweet with the memory of the first fresh jasmines that filled my hands when I was a child.
但我想起孩提时第一次捧在手里的白茉莉,心里充满着甜蜜的回忆。
篇三泰戈尔英语诗歌带翻译
英雄THE HERO
MOTHER, let us imagine we are travelling, and passing through a strange and dangerous country.
妈妈,让我们想象我们正在旅行,经过一个陌生而危险的国土。
You are riding in a palanquin and I am trotting by you on a red horse.
你坐在一顶轿子里,我骑着一匹红马,在你旁边跑着。
It is evening and the sun goes down. The waste of Joradighi lies wan and grey before us. The land is desolate and barren.
是黄昏的时候,太阳已经下山了。约拉地希的荒地疲乏而灰暗地展开在我们面前,大地是凄凉而荒芜的。
You are frightened and thinking--"I know not where we have come to."
你害怕了,想道——“我不知道我们到了什么地方了。”
I say to you, "Mother, do not be afraid."
我对你说道:“妈妈,不要害怕。”
The meadow is prickly with spiky grass, and through it runs a narrow broken path.
草地上刺蓬蓬地长着针尖似的草,一条狭而崎岖的小道通过这块草地。
There are no cattle to be seen in the wide field; they have gone to their village stalls.
在这片广大的地面上看不见一只牛;它们已经回到它们村里的牛棚去了。
It grows dark and dim on the land and sky, and we cannot tell where we are going.
天色黑了下来,大地和天空都显得朦朦胧胧的,而我们不能说出我们正走向什么所在。
Suddenly you call me and ask me in a whisper, "What light is that near the bank?"
突然间,你叫我,悄悄地问我道:“靠近河岸的是什么火光呀?”
Just then there bursts out a fearful yell, and figures come running towards us.
正在那个时候,一阵可怕的呐喊声爆发了,好些人影子向我们跑过来。
You sit crouched in your palanquin and repeat the names of the gods in prayer.
你蹲坐在你的轿子里,嘴里反复地祷念着神的名字。
The bearers, shaking in terror, hide themselves in the thorny bush.
轿夫们,怕得发抖,躲藏在荆棘丛中。
I shout to you, "Don't be afraid, mother. I am here."
我向你喊道:“不要害怕,妈妈,有我在这里。”
With long sticks in their hands and hair all wild about their heads, they come nearer and nearer.
他们手里执着长棒,头发披散着,越走越近了。
I shout, "Have a care! you villains! One step more and you are dead men."
我喊道:“要当心!你们这些坏蛋!再向前走一步,你们就要送命了。”
They give another terrible yell and rush forward.
他们又发出一阵可怕的呐喊声,向前冲过来。
You clutch my hand and say, "Dear boy, for heaven's sake, keep away from them."
你抓住我的手,说道:“好孩子,看在上天面上,躲开他们罢。”
I say, "Mother, just you watch me."
我说道:“妈妈,你瞧我的。”
Then I spur my horse for a wild gallop, and my sword and buckler clash against each other.
于是我刺策着我的马匹,猛奔过去,我的剑和盾彼此碰着作响。
The fight becomes so fearful, mother, that it would give you a cold shudder could you see it from your palanquin.
这一场战斗是那么激烈,妈妈,如果你从轿子里看得见的话,你一定会发冷战的。
Many of them fly, and a great number are cut to pieces.
他们之中,许多人逃走了,还有好些人被砍杀了。
I know you are thinking, sitting all by yourself, that your boy must be dead by this time.
我知道你那时独自坐在那里,心里正在想着,你的孩子这时候一定已经死了。
But I come to you all stained with blood, and say, "Mother, the fight is over now."
但是我跑到你的跟前,浑身溅满了鲜血,说道:“妈妈,现在战争已经结束了。”
You come out and kiss me, pressing me to your heart, and you say to yourself,
你从轿子里走出来,吻着我,把我搂在你的心头,你自言自语地说道:
"I don't know what I should do if I hadn't my boy to escort me."
“如果我没有我的孩子护送我,我简直不知道怎么办才好。”
A thousand useless things happen day after day, and why couldn't such a thing come true by chance?
一千件无聊的事天天在发生,为什么这样一件事不能够偶然实现呢?
It would be like a story in a book.
这很像一本书里的一个故事。
My brother would say, "Is it possible? I always thought he was so delicate!"
我的哥哥要说道:“这是可能的事么?我老是在想,他是那么嫩弱呢!”
Our village people would all say in amazement, "Was it not lucky that the boy was with his mother?"
我们村里的人们都要惊讶地说道:“这孩子正和他妈妈在一起,这不是很幸运么?”
有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
once we dreamt that we were strangers. We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
我的心是旷野的鸟,在你的眼睛里找到了天空。
My heart, the bird of the wilderness, has found its sky in your eyes.
是大地的泪点,使她的微笑保持着青春不谢。
It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
你看不见你自己,你所看见的只是你的影子。
What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.
瀑布歌唱道:"我得到自由时便有了歌声了。"
The waterfall sing, "I find my song, when I find my freedom."
你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得久了。
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.
人不能在他的历史中表现出他自己,他在历史中奋斗着露出头角。
Man does not reveal himself in his history, he struggles up through it.
我们如海鸥之与波涛相遇似地,遇见了,走近了。海鸥飞去,波涛滚滚地流开,我们也分别了。
Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.The seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart.
当我们是大为谦卑的时候,便是我们最接近伟大的时候。
We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
决不要害怕刹那--永恒之声这样唱着。
Never be afraid of the moments--thus sings the voice of the everlasting.
"完全"为了对"不全"的爱,把自己装饰得美丽。
The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.
错误经不起失败,但是真理却不怕失败。
Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.
这寡独的黄昏,幕着雾与雨,我在我的心的孤寂里,感觉到它的叹息。
In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain.
我们把世界看错了,反说它欺骗我们。
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
人对他自己建筑起堤防来。
Man barricades against himself.
使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
我想起了浮泛在生与爱与死的川流上的许多别的时代,以及这些时代之被遗忘,我便感觉到离开尘世的自由了。
I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of life and love and death and are forgotten, and I feel thefreedom of passing away.
只管走过去,不必逗留着采了花朵来保存,因为一路上花朵自会继续开放的。
Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them, but walk on,for flowers will keep themselves blooming all your way.
思想掠过我的心上,如一群野鸭飞过天空。我听见它们鼓翼之声了。
Thoughts pass in my mind like flocks of lucks in the sky.I hear the voice of their wings.
"谁如命运似的催着我向前走呢?""那是我自己,在身背后大跨步走着。"
Who drives me forward like fate?The Myself striding on my back.
我们的欲望把彩虹的颜色借给那只不过是云雾的人生。
Our desire lends the colours of the rainbow to the mere mists and vapours of life.
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away. And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh.
夏天的飞鸟,飞到我窗前唱歌,又飞去了。 秋天的黄叶,他们没有什麼可唱的,只是叹息一声,飞落在那里。
It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.
使大地保持著青春不谢的,是大地的热泪。
The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.
伟大的沙漠为了绿叶的爱而燃烧,而她摇摇头、笑著、飞走了。
The sands in you way beg for your song and your movement,dancing water.Will you carry the burden of their lameness?
跳著舞的流水啊!当你途中的泥沙为你的歌声和流动哀求时, 你可愿意担起他们跛足的重担?
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
忧愁在我心中沈寂平静,正如黄昏在寂静的林中。
I cannot choose the best. The best chooses me.
我不能选择那最好的,是那最好的选择了我。
They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on their back.
把灯笼背在背上的人,有黑影遮住前路。
Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.
休息隶属于工作,正如眼睑隶属于眼睛。
The waterfall sings, '' I find my song, when I find my freedom.''
瀑布歌道:「当我得到自由时,便有了歌声。」
the stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.
群星不会因为像萤火虫而怯於出现。
We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
当我们极谦卑时,则几近於伟大。
The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.
麻雀因孔雀驮著翎尾而替它担忧。
The Perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.
「完全」为了爱「不完全」,把自己装饰得更美。
“I give my whole water in joy,“ sings the waterfall, '' though little of it is enough for the thirsty.''
瀑布歌唱著:「虽然渴者只需少许水便足够,我却乐意给与我的全部」
The woodcutter's axe begged for its handle from tree, the tree gave it.
樵夫的斧头向树要柄,树便给了它。
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
我们看错了世界,却说世界欺骗了我们。
He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open.
想要行善的人在门外敲著门;爱人的,看见门是敞开的。
The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the word.
剑鞘保护剑的锋利,自己却满足於它自己的迟钝。
The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky, The morning crowned it with splendour.
白云谦卑地站在天边,晨光给它披上壮丽的光彩。
The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.
尘土承受屈辱,却以鲜花来回报。
God is ashamed when the prosperous boasts of his special favour.
当富贵利达的人夸说他得到上帝的恩惠时,上帝却羞了。
Not hammer-strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.
不是锤的敲打,乃是水的载歌载舞,使鹅卵石臻於完美。
God's great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm.
上帝的大能在柔和的微风中,不在狂风暴雨中。
By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
采撷花瓣得不著花的美丽。
The great walks with the small without fear. The middling keeps aloof.
大的不怕与小的同游,居中的却远避之。
'' The learned say that your lights will one day be no more.'' said the firefly to the stars.The stars made no answer.
萤火虫对群星说:「学者说你的光有一天会熄灭。」群星不回答它。
The pet dog suspects the universe for scheming to take its place.
小狗怀疑大宇宙阴谋篡夺它的位置。
God loves man's lamp-lights better than his own great stars.
上帝喜爱人间的灯光甚於他自己的大星。
Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it.
荣誉羞著我,因为我暗地里追求著它。
Life has become richer by the love that has been lost.
生命因为失去爱情而更丰盛。
Dark clouds becomes heaven's flowers when kissed by light.
黑云受到光的接吻时,就变成了天上的花朵。
The little flower lies in the dust. It sought the path of the butterfly.
小花睡在尘土里,它寻求蝴蝶走的路。
Let this be my last word, that I trust in thy love.
我相信你的爱」让这句话作为我最后的话。
I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
我爱你,不是因为你是一个怎样的人,而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won‘t make you cry.
没有人值得你流泪,值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can‘t have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。
Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
纵然伤心,也不要愁眉不展,因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界。
Don‘t waste your time on a man/woman, who isn‘t willing to waste their time on you.
不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。
Just because someone doesn‘t love you the way you want them to, doesn‘t mean they don‘t love you with all they have.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Don‘t try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别的人;在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。
Don‘t cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。
自己挑
